Friday, April 11, 2008

GOODBYE CHENNAI


I was asked to shift to chennai from my native place so that i can get a good training here to join some medical college. i was a mom's kid. they asked to do medicine and i came here joined some coaching classes etc. i don know wer it went right n one fine day i met shekar dattatri in the year april 2003. i still remember the nagarahole: tales from the indian jungle being screened in satyam theatre. after the show i met him and  the first question i asked was " was this film shot in a ' high density' camera? people say first impression is best impression but i think that didnt work in my case. by 2004 i decided i should do wildlife photography as a hobby after seeing all the films and photography by various people. gradually paths changed and i got addicted to wildlife and photography like crazy. later i the nikon f55 and a normal lens wont work out for anything good. when i realised it was 2005. then i asked my dad to get a nikon d80 and a 50-500mm lens ad began shooting with it. i was quite satisfied with the results but i wanted to do something professionally. when i was in my last year of schooling my thougts comepletely changed and i got hooked on to wildlife. i bunked almost 100 out of 180 working days in school. finally in 2007 april 26th i convinced my dad somehow to invest on high end camera gears. i am still figuring out as to what made him get all the equipement i use now. not even in my wildest dreams i imagined that i will get addicted to it like this. almost the whole year till now everything happened in the blink of an eye and now i am the happiest person in the world because i will be doing what i wanted to do.
     i am leaving to agumbe tomorrow to work with felis creations. i wont be coming back to chennai again for atleast a year or two due to many reason.. till the day i came here, chennai and my friends have made me think completely different, and and gave me extremely good support to pursue my passion and always welcomed me to teach me whatever i wanted. i am grateful to all my friends in chennai. i hope i can meet them if i come back to chennai later. i hope i will find time to do some still work. i will keep updating reports about my experience in agumbe. 
   i don think i can sleep tonight as i am very excited about working in agumbe and extermely happy that i am leaving chennai. i had enough being here and i just couldn work here anymore.
just thought of quoting few lines from the poem " the road not taken " by Robert frost

........ i shall be telling this with a sigh
somewhere ages and ages hence
two roads diverged in a wood, and I
took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference.
                              - Robert Frost


cheers,

ram

1 comment:

Prem48 said...

Hi Ram, It was nice to see all those blown-up photographs at the LKA this afternoon. The tusker, Twin egrets and especially the one which showed the reflection of the forest in the eye of the common Indian toad!

Wish you all the best in Agumbe, Karnataka and all your future endeavours. Certianly, Chennai is not the place for guys like you!!

Write whenever you can.
Uncle Prem (Abi & Anki's Dad in Tambaram, Chennai)