Sunday, March 23, 2008

EMOTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHY AND WRITING

Recently when i was in periyar i discovered that i can even write songs :) i found out that any form of art is reflection of what our mind thinks. when u r in a good mood, energetic and happy, u tend to make images that show happiness and vibrant colours. if u r sad and depressed, its reflected in the images we make.
when i was trekking in periyar, i sat down on the river bed late in the evening to try my hands on writing. The distant call of a white cheeked barbet and the sound of cicadas echoed across the forest. The silent sounds of the periyar river was soft. The moon gradually rose up from the hills of western ghats. Till with the sudden sharp call of the sambhar, the wind is suddenly still and the barbet stopped calling. i started writing emotions and finally it shaped up like this.

"Why can't I speak when I have so much to tell?
Why can't I write when I have so much in mind?
Why can't I sing when there's music in my heart?
Why can't I dance when there's rythm in the air?

Too many words left unspoken
Too many things left undone
Why can't it be and why can't I?
For all I know this pain deep inside
Took the gladness from my heart.

Is this the pain of missing you?
Is this the reason behind it all?

Hear the agony of my heart
Longing for you and for your touch
Feeling your love, feeling your face
Missing your sweet talks and care

When will the waiting ever be over?
For as long as we are apart I can never be whole
Oh! My Dearest Love
I just want you to know
That my heart is aching because
"I'M MISSING YOU!"


think i should give up photography and start writing poems. any comments? :) currently writing an article on emotions and photography. hope i will complete it soon and post it. stay put.


cheers,

ram

current mood: exhausted

No comments: