Monday, March 24, 2008

NATURE, ART AND LOVE

i got a call from my friend, a well known musician asking me to come to his house immedaitely When i went to his house and he was soaked in tears. when i asked wat was his problem he told that his x lover has been engaged to another guy. he was giving a beautiful philosophical touching words which made me think a lot. people, its not just a philosophical talk given by a guy in such conditions. It makes us think a lot. excerpts from watever he spoke:


History has a lot of bizarre patterns of love failures, which apparently implies that only the guy eventually become the losers. Rite from romeo-juliet, devdas-parvati, anarkali-salim to every single tom dick and harry we find on streets have found love broken up due to usual and unusual reasons. But the common pattern that I observe, is that its always the guys who ruin their lives thinking about their lost love and its mostly the girls who end up as parent driven puppets or people who find love almost instantaneously after their long drawn “ I will be single for ever, Its you or noone” speeches. Statuory warning: for people who disagree with me, please mail me historical details, articles, fiction, facts proving me wrong and I bet u r gonna give google a run for its money :) ( No offence meant )

I like to change sides here and state that the guys are really stupid and they are ruining their lives thinking about their lost love and the girl’s being very clever creatures have mastered the art of “moving on” .They have moved so far that they have circum navigated the globe six times whereas the stupid guys moved on to the nearest liquor shop or to the next phase in his life where his main aim is to stay away from her memories.

Let us take a classic example of a boy and a girl who are madly in love with each other and due to usual “unforeseen family circumstances or unusual break ups” they decide to end their relationship and what succeeds can be predicted by any onlooker. The story will most probably go like

a) Guy-girl breaks up. Guy takes to alcohol. Girl engages in a sob-fest for a temporary period of time and starts acting clever :)

b) Guy-girl break up: guy goes abroad, throws away all his loved ones belongings, tries to stream line his life based on one bottom line “ I have to avoid her memories”

c) Guy-girl break up: girl takes to alcohol, guys moves on with another girl,girl grows a beard and meets the guy after two years. The guy has two children and one girl child is apparently named after the lover ( are u shocked? Are you flabber gasted? )

If u are really shocked or u laughed at option ‘c’ you have accepted my theory indirectly which is the one possible way. If u find at option ‘a’ amussing pack your bags and move to Bollywood. and so jokes apart. Inevitably whether we like it or not the girl moves on( no she doesn grow a beard!)and the guy doesn’t( oh yes! He does grow a beard)

I seriously like to ask this question. Wat is love and trust in its most pure and unadulterated form?

Answer:

1) when u throw a three year old child up in the air and catch it, it smiles having the trust that u will catch it again.

2) the unconditional love given by a mother to a child irrespective of how the child treats her.

3) Any art form

God is not visible. He does not reveal himself directly. But we feel his divinity. Don’t we? That is because he has created nature, art and love as his representations in this world. Such a divine spot has been allotted for love. With these being the case how can we even think of polluting it? Me being a connoissuer or art, I can raise my voice to stop the pollution of nature and art. How can I raise my voice against the pollution of love?

The reason why god gave love such an important part in our lives is because of the fact that bonding between any two entities is only possible through it. If u ask me art has been showering its unconditional love on me since the day i was born on this world. Sometimes I reciprocated it. sometimes I did not. Did my impudence ever affect the unconditional love art has been showering on me. The answer is no. It has created an unbreakable bond similar to a bond between mother and a child and, me being the irresponsible child of my loving mother ( art) so I guess now your are clear with what I meant before.

Love between humans has to condescend through all barriers void of pollution if that situation happens. It can be equated to my love story with art. But the unfortunate and the bitter truth is that humans are humans. We are wicked, evil, fickle and we strive to destroy every single bit of the innocence that we have left in us. In the process we are deluding ourselves coating sugar to these bitter facts. Love is one which has its divine place and we as humans should keep its divinity intact. I don ever think that is happening. The biggest mistake I have made and I regret doing it is believing that no matter what happens, love can be so unconditional between two human beings.



I was completely moved by watever he said. i guess this will imply for people who are truly in love and not for people who fake in the name of love.

PS:- the musician didnt intend to hurt anyone and he is not a male chauvinist
cheers,

ram

current mood: depressed.

2 comments:

Prashanth said...

nice one mate.. ;)

Ashwini Kumar Bhat said...

Enjoyed the write up... :) Keep it up dude...